Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Christmas Trees and Trucks

We spent Christmas in California, so these were the trees we kept seeing. I've never lived anywhere warm enough for palm trees so they're always exotic to me.
And since the Skywatch Friday meme seems weather-related, we had some 100 mph (161 kph) winds in my city this week blowing off the mountains. Driving home on Monday I saw two big tractor-trailers that had been blown over on the highway - here's a zoomed-in capture from my dash-cam of one. I could start a Youtube channel of all the bad driving I capture on this thing...

10 comments:

  1. That semi on it's side is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I really like that first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first shot - so tropical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures... I like second pic very much AL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100 mph winds! Our winds were only at 40 mph and that felt really strong to me. Love the palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky shot of the palm trees ~ lovely ~ Wind must have been rather strong to blow over those trailer trucks ~

    Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh -- the contrast between your Christmas week and when you got home must have given you whiplash! I still think of Palm trees as exotic even tho we've been wintering someplace south of I-10 for 15 years...

    Maybe you should start that You Tube dash cam channel -- might cause some people to take a little more care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails