Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Monday, August 3, 2015

Cheyenne Canyon and Blue Skies

Here are some photos taken in a recent hike in Cheyenne Canyon, another city park in Colorado Springs.
As the name implies, it's in a canyon and the rocks tower overhead.
Even the huge pine trees look small.
It's been damaged by flash flooding a couple of times recently but they've repaired it each time.
I love having city parks like this within easy driving distance - I can feel as if I'm in the wilderness without leaving the city! And it's my entry for Our World Tuesday and Blue Monday.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful captures of a beautiful place, Al, as always!! And, as always, thanks for sharing the beauty! Hope you have a great new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing to have scenery like that in a city park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Really do live in Paradise with all those beautiful " City" parks ... Not at all what people in other states think of when they hear that term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful park. It is so nice to have this gorgeous scenery so close to home. I love the cliffs, rock formations and the trees. Great post! Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Al,

    I've visited that part of CO and it sure is impressive. Thanks for playing today.

    Please come back and tell me what you think of my Blue post.

    Happy 1st Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing that this is a city park - it does seem right out in the wilderness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would dearly love to visit Colorado Springs again. It's been many years and the rock formations were so beautiful. Your photographs really do them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I share your sentiments. Out here in the SF Bay Area there are many open spaces, wooded areas, parks to go to and you feel like you're farther away than you really are. I feel blessed living here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful share. Colorado is my home state and I was born here and live here still today. I love it and am always grateful to come home to it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colorado Springs looks a wonderful place!
    I wish I could visit it someday...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails