Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Friday, September 2, 2011

Bellevue Botanic Garden Trees

For Scenic Sunday, here's my last post from the Bellevue Botanic Garden, of some trees. Since I was limiting myself to my 50-mm lens for this whole garden (approximately 75mm equivalent in 35mm film terms) I found it quite a challenge to get some worthwhile upwards-looking tree photos. Nevertheless, I liked the deciduous and evergreen combination in this first shot, despite the dull grey (soon to rain) sky.
And I liked the shape of the primary tree in this second shot.
And that's all from the Bellevue Botanic Garden. But there will be more scenic photos next week! Maybe something closer to where I live. And thanks to Clytie for pointing out the giant heart in the first shot, and linking it to Guest Heart Thursday!

12 comments:

  1. Great shots. Most I like the first one so nicely framed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love botanic gardens - but haven't been to one for a long time.

    So ... I have to ask ... do you see the part of the fir tree outlined by the maple branches - forming a beautiful giant heart???

    I'm going to link this up to Guest Heart Thursday - I hope you don't mind!!! :=}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous trees, beautiful, rich colors, superb composition -- perfect! As always! Have a lovely holiday weekend, Al! Pats for Socks!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, a beautiful green color ... the first photo is my favorit.
    LG: Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it a good exercise in creativity to stick with one fixed lens when out on a shoot. I don't do it often but it makes me see the scene differently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great tree shots -- hard to get pictures showing their full majesty. I really like these angles. Wherever your scenic pictures come from, they are always more than worth looking at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful... crisp, clear, great composition and color!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your visit and kind comment on my blog Al

    Beautiful photos from these trees
    very nice green on the second photo

    Regards, Bram

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful trees, and I love the first shot too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I see the heart, too! Very pretty :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails